Having an iOS device and not being able to access some of the most useful apps out there is such a misery. Of course, you’d want to have full control over your iOS device and use it the way you want. But how can you do that? Well, simply with the help of an iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak. Jailbreaking your iOS device running iOS 9.2.1 or any other iOS up to iOS 9.3.3 will enable you to run different apps and tweaks on your device to customize it to your liking. There are a couple of methods that we’ll be discussing here for the jailbreaks, let’s take a look.
iOS 9.2.1 Jailbreak Using Pangu 9
With Pangu being one of the most popular jailbreak providers out there, you can use Pangu 9 for jailbreaking your device. All you have to do is to download the Pangu 9 tool and follow the steps given below to continue with the jailbreak.
- Put your device on AirPlane mode
- Disable Passcode
- Backup the device
- Ensure that there is enough free space available
- Download the appropriate version of Pangu on your Windows PC or Mac and run it as Administrator
- Connect your iOS device to the PC or Mac
- Click Start button to move forward
- The device will reboot during the jailbreak process, do nothing as the jailbreak will continue after your device restarts
- Put it in AirPlane mode again
- You’ll see Pangu on your device, just launch it
- Ignore any messages that come along the way and just tap on OK, and the device will restart once more
- Now, you will have Cydia on your device and you can enjoy tweaking it around.
Jailbreak iOS 9.2.1 Using PP Helper
Another option you have to jailbreak your iOS 9.2.1 device is to use PP Helper. However, there are some prerequisites that you must meet in order for this jailbreak to work. Here they are:
Launch the jailbreak tool and connect your iOS device to computer. Ensure that you have installed latest version of iTunes on your machine. Launch iTunes for verifying that the device is connected. If it’s not, then reconnect it after disconnecting first. Click and uncheck the tool for avoiding installation of any unnecessary apps.
Now that you’re ready for the jailbreak, it’s time to dive straight in and start the step by step process.
- Disable device passcodes, Touch ID and Find My iPhone.
- Enable Airplane mode on your iOS device.
- Download the PP DMG file to your Mac
- Connect your device to the machine using USB cable
- Launch the app now
- Uncheck the install option against the PP Helper tool and just click on jailbreak button right away
- Now a Readme will open up and all you have to do is to click on Continue for moving ahead
- The tool will now start the process of jailbreak. During the jailbreak process, you will see a message saying ‘Restore in progress’ on your device’s screen
- Once the device has been jailbroken, it will reboot and a setup process will be initiated. When it finishes, just go to the Home Screen of your device and you will see the Cydia icon right there
Congratulations, your device has been jailbroken and you can now start looking for some of the best Cydia tweaks that you can download to customize it. It won’t take much effort as things work pretty much the same as on App Store because you just have to search the desired apps and install them to your device. The only difference will be that you will now have access to apps and tweaks that are not allowed by Apple on its official App Store but they are still worth installing on your device. Just find the best, install them and configure different options within those tweaks to make the most of them.
Here we’ve only shared a couple of options for jailbreaking your iOS device, but remember that there are many more out there. It’s just the matter of which one works on your device and specific iOS version!